15 Tips to Reduce Electric Bill
1. Start by finding a professional aircon maintenance team to inspect and clean your air-conditioner. A well-maintained unit uses less electricity.
2. Have your fancoil unit installed on a wall that is cooler and doesn’t have any electrical appliances that can cause heat like a lamp or television as it will interfer with the thermostat making the aircon work even harder.
3. Keep your condenser (outdoor) unit clean by removing grass, leaves and other debris that are stuck on the coil. Also do not place any things such as laundry near to the condenser. Every month, uses a vacuum cleaner connection with a brush, lightly sweep in the direction of the condenser’s coil or uses a low pressure water and spray on the coil during raining times.
4. Set your air-conditioner not cooler than 25*C.
5. When buying a room air-conditioner, make sure it is properly sized. A larger than needed air-conditioner cycles on and off more frequently, reducing its efficiency. Frequent cycling make indoor temperatures fluctuate more and creates a less comfortable environment.
6.Check the refrigerant charge. The circulating fluid in your air conditioner is a special refrigerant gas that is put in when the system is installed. If the system is overcharged or undercharged with refrigerant, it will not work properly. You may need to call a professional aircon maintenance team to check the fluid and adjust it appropriately.
7.try to not use a dehumidifier at the same time your air conditioner is operating. The dehumidifier will increase the cooling load and force the air conditioner to work harder, which in turn increases your utility bill.
8.The unit should be level when installed, so that the inside drainage system and other mechanisms operate efficiently. If possible, install the unit in a shaded spot on your homes north or east side. Direct sunshine on the units outdoor heat exchanger decreases efficiency by as much as 10%. You can plant trees and shrubs to shade the air conditioner, but do not block the airflow.
9.Dont place lamps or televisions near your air-conditioners thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, which can cause the air conditioner to run longer than necessary.
10.Install ceiling fans. Fans can make you feel 3 to 8 degrees cooler, allowing you to adjust your AC to a higher temperature and still feel just as cool. (NY Times) Put the wind-chill factor to work for you.
11.Take a shower. A quick, cool shower can keep you cool for quite a while afterward. And the water cost is trivial compared to the electric cost.
12.Set a timer to turn off about the time you fall asleep.
13.Clean ur filters or replace your AC filter every month. A dirty filter makes your AC work harder, which uses more electricity.
14.Change ur old aircontoday’s, AC’s use 30-50% less electricity than 15-year-old models. Whatever system you get, look at the energy ratings The higher, the better.
15.Get a good inverter system with 4 ticks energry savings